My name is Selma, I am 17 years young and a future fashion design student at Parsons the new school for design in New York City! From graduating high school and going to college, I want to change myself and make a new me, a better and more mature me! I am a beginner in make up, so I've been experimenting little by little, I made this blog to share everything beauty related topics. I guess this is also a blog to document my progress?! Haha, if you want to find out more, just be my friend! (I don't bite).
So CVS is currently having a sale, and most of the stuff are 50% to 75% off, nothing below! I was lucky enough to find out about the sale when it just started because half of the stuff on sale was already gone, and I went on the second day! :O
Although this might be a bit late, I want to inform you all that, almost half of the makeup section is on sale. CVS just didn't put the sticker on most of them yet. If you see something you like, and the price tag is crossed out with a marker, do keep in mind that it means it IS on sale, they just didn't get to them yet. But just in case, double check at the counter to make sure they ARE on sale :)
Anyways I'm sure you all want to see the haul and reviews now, let's get started!
I went to two CVS, the first one I went to most of the stuff were gone, so I only picked up one thing left on sale.
Sally Hansen Continuous treatment - Strength
Retail: $10.99
Sale: 75%
Final Price: $2.99
The rest is from the CVS near my house
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - 410 Lavender Cloud
Retail: $8.49
Sale: 75%
Final price: $2.12
This is such a soft pastel color that it doesn't really show up on the camera. In real life it is more purpleish than it appears in the picture. Most Sally Hansen nail polishes are to thick for my liking, and this one was no different. Although, it did dry faster than the X-treme wear line. Sadly though, it already chipped of in a lot of places.
NYC Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balm - Surgar Kiss
Retail: $2.99
Sale: 75%
Final Price: .75
Since it was already so cheap, I decided to go ahead and buy a backup! One of my favorite make up guru on youtube, Hollyannaere absolutely loved this lip balm, so I was really excited to see that they had it.
In all of the excitement, I forgot that this is one of those lip balms where you have to dip your fingers into. Personally I prefer the stick types, just for hygienic reasons, but the sweet baby pink color is so so hard to resist!
Before
After
Overall I really like this lip balm. It goes on super smooth and transform your lips into a pair of glossy and juicy lips ;)
There is a strong artificial sweet smell to it though, so keep in mind for those of you who dislike strongly scented products.
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow - Electric pop
Retail: $6
Sale: 75%
Final Price: $1.99
When I first saw this on my list, I was kind of iffy about it because of the name. Wasn't sure if it was going to be some crazy popping out color or what. But the second I saw the colors I was completely satisfied!
The colors are so vibrant and shimmery! Other than the white, all the other colors are extremely opaque. The texture is really creamy, and the shimmers are not over board to the point where you'll look like a cheap striper haha.
Miliani Liquif' eye metallic eye liner pencil - 01 black
Price: $7.99
The last but not least, I picked up this eyeliner from Milani. It was not on sale, but because I was desperately in need of an eyeliner for my upper waterline, I decided to just get this since all the other stuff were so cheap. Again, this was raved by the beautiful Hollyannaere, which is another reason why I wanted to try this out!
When I first put this one I was completely in love with this liner! The liquif pencil liner goes on smooth like a liquid but creamy like a pencil. For this liner, you do have to let it set in for a while after you put this on, but it doesn't take that long, I usually just look up for a few seconds and the look is set for the day.
Now we all know the inner tear duct is the toughest place to keep in any sort of products, but this liner does actually stay! I wore this out the day I bought it, and that day was the hottest day of the week. I also have extremely oily skin so liners usually don't like to stay there for long, but the Milani liner only budged a little.
I also found that, instead of that black mess you get under your lower lid at the end of the day, this liner will only give you a slight smoky look, and who doesn't like a smokey eye without even doing anything? ; )
****************
So what is the total price of everything together??
*Drumroll*
$14.81!
I did some calculation and if it weren't for the sale, the total would've been 40.84! Crazy right?? Go check out the sale before it ends!
So that is the end of my long first blog post! Hopefully it wasn't too bad? haha, this post actually took me two days to write because I've been so tired recently. Senioritis is killing me! Anyone else graduating this year? Are you also slacking off in school?
haha anyways, I would love to hear feed backs on what I improve on, and I'll be back with another post very soon!












0 comments:
Post a Comment